To produce district heating energy by providing woodchips for the three heat production/distribution plants.
Advantages of wood fuelled heat production
- Almost all the capital investment stays within the municipality
- Positive effects on the areas local forestry and landscape
- Positive effects on employment
- Local energy source brings safety and independence in times of possible energy crisis
- The combustion of wood does not result in a net increase in carbon dioxide emissions
- The ashes and its nutrients can be returned back to the forest